Monday, July 26, 2010

"Jersey Shore" back in NJ; Season 2 premieres this week

The season premier of MTV’s “The Jersey Shore” is this Thursday night. I’m not sure why the word “Jersey” is still in the title. The episodes for the second season were filmed in Miami and only one of the seven housemates is actually from New Jersey. Sammi “Sweetheart” Giancola hails from Hazlet, N.J.

I’ve seen the show. It is pretty much harmless and it is a guilty pleasure. I admit that. I also admit that I find Nicole “Snookie” Polizzi to be the most annoying cast member. At least she’s an aspiring veterinary technician and helping animals is always a good thing.

Appearing with ABC’s Jake Tapper on ‘This Week,’ New Jersey Governor Chris Christie was asked about the ‘Jersey Shore,’ and ‘Snookie.’ He said,“Negative for New Jersey. What it does is takes a bunch of New Yorkers… drops them at the Jersey Shore and tries to make America feel like this is New Jersey. I can tell people: they want to know what New Jersey really is? I welcome them to come to New Jersey any time.”

What do you think?

No comments: